Monday, November 28, 2011

the gardener

Just look at these pants! I bought them this spring thinking they'd be a rad addition to my wardrobe, but I've only worn them as pajamas until now. Don't get me wrong, they are amazing for lounging around the house, but they're too cool to keep to myself. My recent shoe purchase (see my last post) inspired me to break them out. I knew they'd look best with heels, but I only have a couple pairs, and none of them were right. 

Since I usually wear these as pajamas, I was careful not to wear anything else lounge-y. This is actually the shirt I usually wear to job interviews, and the belt I wear to work most days. The black blouse came from The Black Market, and I've been at a loss trying to work it into my outfits. I experimented with wearing it over just a black bra, since I was admiring lots of people wearing sheer blouses this summer, but it never worked for me.  I almost did that with these pants, but then it hit me--I could wear it unbuttoned over another blouse. DUH. I'll be wearing it a lot more often now that I've realized that.

It was a bit chilly when I took these photos. Okay, I'll be honest, it was below freezing. But sometimes you've got to suffer for fashion, or at least for fashion photography. I think my nose was getting red toward the end of the session.








pants:wet seal --- white blouse:tj maxx --- black blouse:the black market --- shoes:charlotte russe --- belt:wet seal --- earrings:forever21 --- necklace:the icing

3 comments:

  1. Oh dang. Those are so bitchin' pants! I love them. Also, I adore those shoes and they look great with this outfit. You did a great job of not making them look loungey, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cute outfit! I love the print of your pants! :)

    http://callmemaddie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Feel free to link to your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!