Saturday, October 29, 2011

Holla Halloween

So I wasn't sure I was going to be attending any Halloween parties this year, since I'm a hermit and I don't have any friends who like to throw parties. It's sad, because Halloween is my favorite holiday! But last night I got dragged along to a party and I had about ten minutes to throw this together before we left.

Now I have an unfair advantage when it comes to throwing together costumes, because I am a costume addict. I have huge tubs full of costumes that I hoard like nobody's business. One, I never ever get rid of an old Halloween costume until I'm sure I can't squeeze my ass into it anymore. And two, I have been performing at renaissance faires for the past 14 years and thus have acquired a large number of unique handmade pieces that are easy to mix and match.

So for me this costume is kind of lame. I mean, the wings don't even match the rest of the outfit, which is SHAMEFUL, because I do have black and gold wings somewhere, they are just buried in storage right now. They are also about three times the size of these wings and would therefore have made the car ride to the party very uncomfortable. As it was, wearing a coat was impossible, so I froze my ass off just walking to the car. It's so unfair that Halloween has to be so cold here! 

I may or may not be attending another party tonight, and there's still a few days until Halloween itself, so I might have another costume or two to show you guys. We'll see!




blouse/bodice-Ophelia's; skirt/coin belt-Euphoria; wings-Walgreen's; boots-Wal-Mart; belt-my mom/DIY; tights-Spirit Halloween; necklace-gift; petticoat-Hot Topic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Feel free to link to your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!